Sunday, September 27, 2009

VEGFEST: Samedi 26 Septembre




This picture hit me hard. It means: My Flesh Belongs to Me!

Notre stand de "Fourrure Torture"
(A group that has 3 campaigns: Anti-vivisection, Anti-fur, vegetarian (vegan) diet)

I had a conversation with a guy from Sénégal [in English, actually] and he was like, ' OK, so if I wanted to become vegetarian tomorrow i could? Nothing special? ' He was my success of the day. Woo! It was also quite practical to have an American/English-speaker, because seeing as there are so many tourists in Paris, there are many opportunities to speak English. Woo! Also, it's very helpful for me to hear all the arguments in French, so as to further my French. I feel like I'm making pretty good connections here so far ;)

In front of our stand

In front of the stand for the group "Lush"
No idea why they would put 74% Vegetalien (74% Vegan)... Same vegetarian/vegan debates as in the states, it seems. Weird. Their soaps looked pretty sweet-as though... (See below)

(Yes, those are soaps!)


Lots of badges, books, and vegan treats to be sold. VEGETARIAN SHOES even made an appearance and were selling shoes! Unfortunately the boots I wanted were already sold out. Fortunately they have a website.


Veg Mag, and they had DELICIOUS vegan goodies, including what seemed to be a pumpkin loaf.


Sweet.

Peta en France! (Not a very strong group in France, actually. I think that the Fondation Brigitte Bardot is the equivalent of Peta, with regards to its famousness and its use of sexism to convey its point.)


Another AR org in Paris: droits des animaux. They were selling some pretty wicked shirts, I must say:

























Excellent stuff. I bought myself a t-shirt here, and oogled all the other goodies.


















This guy on the left here was smart and bought a bunch of plain vests and had vegetarian propaganda put on the backs of them (unfortunately I failed to take a photo). Virtually an iron-on. Anyway, the vests also have very large pockets, making them perfect for flyering/brochure-handing-outing.


L214: An organization based upon the law that says that animals should not be killed except out of necessity. They have naturally taken this further and said that animals are not necessary for human consumption and nutrition. They are a traditionally welfarist organization and advertise the importance of cage-free eggs. (Not inherently bad, but this is where certain vegans would be turned off.)

1 comment:

  1. Very informative!!!!!! I like this thing with the vests - looks like good connections there...so cool to see it all in French.....
    Did you order the boots?
    Mumz

    ReplyDelete

Best Vegan Cookbooks

  • Lunchbox Vegan
  • Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
  • Vegan with a Vengeance
  • Veganomicon