Monday, September 7, 2009

Premier Lundi à Paris: VWPP &

This morning Samir made Moroccan crêpes with jam. they were delish and the texture was fab. Also some pretty delicious almond biscottis that Ghislaim made yesterday. However, i'm still coming to terms with the fact that the French eat VERY LITTLE for le petit déjeuner (breakfast) and a LOAD for le dîner. After watching both of the dudes head out for work, one left in a suit. Schmancy-pants! Pfft and the homophobic woman at the VWPP said they were "unintellectual." Unintellectual my ass!

Today was the first day at Reid Hall -- we had some mediocre orientation (basically, don't dress like a prostitute on the metro after midnight and look at a map) after which we had lunch (they refused to provide me with a simply sandwich au crudités, crudités being the vegetables, so i went to the supermarché quite close to the school. And then I discovered a bio restaurant right there with loads of veg options! Unfortunately it was pretty pricey for my budget, so I turned down the deliciousness for a pretty tasty pre-made salad for a euro and a half.

After lugging home a huge ass package of luna bars (Thanks, Mom) and falling down a flight of stairs, I headed back off to the metro, where we took a nice boat ride on the Seine. On the subway, however, I ran into a pretty radical dude who was singing political songs and criticizing Sarkozy for being too rightist, and even singing against environmental destruction. It was honestly really awesome to hear, though most people shuddered, laughed, etc, and thought he was going to rape and/or rob them. I gave him a piece of money and he started talking to me WAY too fast, unfortunately for me, but I think he said something like "things are gonna change" and "you should sing too." That was nice to see. Maybe he said I should go fuck myself. The world may never know.

Now I'm back at my humble abode in the 12ième Arrondissement, about to go play with the bébé and see what's cooking for dinn-dinn. I hear the stovetop a-crackling. And the smell! Hopefully delicious things are a-happening over yonder...


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had missed the episode about the dude singing....LOL - good for him.
    Motto: what somebody else thinks of me is none of my business :)

    ReplyDelete

Best Vegan Cookbooks

  • Lunchbox Vegan
  • Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
  • Vegan with a Vengeance
  • Veganomicon