Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mardi à Paris: Lauren is a Lazy-Ass Obnoxious Blogger




Yeah until classes start, i think i'm gonna be an obnoxious blogger. So if you don't like that, don't check my blog. That easy! ;)

Ce matin: More moroccan crêpes... and almond butter! I honestly don't mean for this to be all about food, but delish is the name of the game here. I made myself lunch and was very dissatisfied. (And usually I am never dissapointed by cumin, nutritional yeast and broccoli, yet they failed me aujourd'I need to take my cooking skills up a notch here. I was going to surprise them with vegan cookies, but alas, they wrote on my sheet that i shouldn't use the stove when they're not there (fair enough, but but but.... ) All in due time.

Went to Paris VII today to try to figure out classes, ended up being in the wrong arrondissement entirely, showed up late to the meeting for orientation (which ended up being distancing and ridiculous anyway, so i left that early haha). Some of you readers are perhaps proud of my slothfulness. You know who you are.

When I went to the Bio shop, I was very happy to see vegan things (végétal) but it's interesting to note that there are proportionally fewer vegan things in bio/health food stores in France than in the U.S. Perhaps that has to do with the fact that there are very few vegetarians here? Mmm lots of work to be done.

Oh and veal and foie gras is everywhere. Not a stereotype! Some people were handing out foie gras SAMPLES at the winery near Bordeaux. SAMPLES! How can you hand out samples of that much cruelty?? Say what you will about "humane slaughter" but no one can win an argument saying that foie gras is humane. I will fight you to the death on that one.



ANYWAY.

Ghislain & Samir also invited me to join them this weekend to see Ghislain's mom in Lorraine. All weekend! I hope this means they like me because they are hella awesome. Also I'm missing out on the Musée d'Immigration because of them, soooo we better have some fun :)

Damn I am tired. No idea why. I spent most of the day either on the metro or in the park attempting to get WiFi. Oh and my cellphone is now broken - dunno why - so if any of you who have my france # are having trouble reaching me... Tant pis pour vous (Too bad for you) ;) Reach me via Skype.
I'm gonna go sleep now. Or buy some yarn with which to knit. (tricoter for you french-savvy folk)


P.S. That picture is the view from my window in the good ol' 12ème Arrondissement.

1 comment:

Best Vegan Cookbooks

  • Lunchbox Vegan
  • Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
  • Vegan with a Vengeance
  • Veganomicon