Friday, July 10, 2009

Raw Vegan Brownie Recipe


I just had the most amazing vegan brownies. And they were raw vegan! While I could probably never handle observing a *raw* vegan diet because (a) i'm not that disciplined (b) my health is probably going to shit anyway, I seriously admire the people who have the skills to whip up HEALTHY foods!

Super simple recipe:

1 cup dates
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

Mix in food processor. May need to add a little bit of water, depending on consistency. (Definitely no more than a Tablespoon!) place in brownie tray and leave in fridge to harden for an hour. Serve. Enjoy.

Feel free to add cinnamon or other things as you see fit! Cooking is about experimenting!

(p.s. i totally snagged that image above from someone's flickr account, so if you happen to be reading this, flickr user, thank you!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those look yummy, and so quick & easy to make! Perfect for when you have une petite fringale and you have to have brownies *now*! ;)
    Thank you for sharing it. That makes for a nice exchange: my baguette à la pâte d'amande for your raw vegan brownies! By the way, thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I hope you enjoy your time in Paris! One suggestion: go to le marché de Barbès on a Saturday morning - it's so colorful! I used to live close by, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I'll do so this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Best Vegan Cookbooks

  • Lunchbox Vegan
  • Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
  • Vegan with a Vengeance
  • Veganomicon