Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And she's back!

Sorry to take such a long hiatus, everyone! Things have been crazy here at the farm. And by crazy, I mean crazy awesome. There's a lot to be done, but I feel more and more motivated every day.

We had the Pignic here last weekend for the 4th of July at Farm Sanctuary (obnoxious name, I know) but the event was a great success. The turnout was great and the vegan hot dogs were in abundance! I've never had the vegan dog called 'field roast' and the title reminded me of roadkill, but it was probably one of the tastiest things i've had in a while! Tofurky dogs get old after about a year or so hah... Free tours went on between 11 and 4, and there were so many small children. I got some great photos! Naturally, I went on another tour, even though I'm living on the farm at the moment, just to get pictures of little kids interacting with the animals. Children are so intelligent in many ways.

Some links for your viewing pleasure while I temporarily go back to work :)

Chickens Sold in Paper Bags
Add Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUA5JxOOa2Y

Physical Characteristics of the Human Body that Point to Natural Herbivorism:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/2062/ana.HTML


ALSO! Tasty nutritional yeast queso:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=12238.0
this looks fucking delicious. i think i will pick up some garlic and paprika on my way home and make this immediately...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Vegan Cookbooks

  • Lunchbox Vegan
  • Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
  • Vegan with a Vengeance
  • Veganomicon